We primarily use three styles to represent our brand: persona, still life and lifestyle photography. Our aim is to be relatable, aspirational and delightful.
Personas bring people into our product. They feel relatable, like the people you work with everyday.
- Use our secondary color palette for backgrounds
- Expressions should imply confidence and a sense of thriving
- Wardrobe and accessories should show personality
- Prioritize showing diversity across race, age and gender. We also localize the person as per region to reflect specific populations.
Personas in product
We have an extensive and inclusive library of personas, complete with names and localized for different regions. We did the work for you, so there’s no need to create your own.
Still life photos demonstrate our personality. Avoid anything that feels overly complex or hard to understand.
- Use simple backgrounds to give a sense of space and dimension
- Objects should not feel too crafty
- Create clear focal points and keep all elements in focus
Access photography library
Simple images with clear subjects
Busy images and cropping the main subject
Clear contrast between highlights and shadows
Low contrast between foreground and background
Bright, well-lit and balanced
Light that washes out subject
Clear focal points. All elements are in focus.
Out of focus elements
Fuzzy shadows; don’t let shadows overpower composition
Our customers’ time to shine is in lifestyle photography. These should feel aspirational and about people, not our product. Show how people are thriving because they use Slack.
- Show collaboration and emphasize a sense of connection
- Create organized scenes that convey a sense of calm
- Natural lighting is preferred
Subjects are clear in frame. Include enough negative space to provide focus.
Focus has too many elements and feels busy
Simple, uncluttered and contextual to image
Busy and distracting from main focus
Natural and well-lit
Overly exposed, washed out, lens flares
Representative of the environment with natural skintones
Dark, moody or unnatural color filters
Expressive and positive. Body language should show someone in action or in a natural state.
Inauthentic or overly staged. Should not look unengaged.